Ok, so at the start of the month, I was nominated for my first ever blogging award! 😀
I was SUPER excited, but I’ve been really busy and haven’t been able to get around to addressing it until now…
Anyway, here we go:
First of all, I’d like to give a HUGE thank you to Marigold Sunjewel, who nominated me for this award. 🙂 Seriously girl, you rock! 😀
Marigold owns the blog ‘Marigold’s Musings‘, which is a beyond AMAZING PH blog which also addresses other Disney matters as well. 🙂
1. Thank the person who has nominated you, linking back to their site
2. Put the award logo in your blog post
3. Answer the 10 questions sent you
4. Nominate 10 bloggers and contact them to let them know they’ve been selected
5. Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer
Here are the questions I was asked:
1. What made you decide to start blogging?
After PH closed, I wanted to do something to keep the spirit of it alive, and that was when I decided that I wanted to take up blogging.
2. Why is blogging important to you?
Blogging is my outlet – my way of sharing my creativity with the world. It’s kind of a reminder that I’m not alone, and that there are other people still fighting for PH to come back too. 🙂
3. What is your favorite blog post you have ever written?
Probably ‘The Lost Stories – Part 1‘. It was really exciting to announce that I was finally releasing The Lost Stories, something which I had been saying I would do for about 4 months before I actually did.
4. What is your favorite blog post that someone else has written?
Now this is a tough one. Probably the ‘2015 Spring Celebration‘ – It included the first ever Short Story I had actually completed. 🙂
5. If you were to give a total newbie advice on successful blogging, what is the first thing you would say?
Write about what you love. Don’t write about what everyone else is – write something new and original, and something that you know a lot about, so that you don’t run out of things to write! 😛
6. If you had to pick only one adjective to describe yourself, what would you choose?
Chocoholic. Definitely Chocoholic.
7. What/who inspires you?
I get inspired by a lot of things: books, movies, posts and most importantly: feedback. I love positive feedback about what I write – It fills me with happiness when I open up my emails and find several notifications that people have left me comments, and inspires me to write more. 🙂
8. If you could turn back time, what would you have done differently while Pixie Hollow was still open?
I probably would have taken more photos, for one. I also would have spent more time with my friends. I really miss them. 😦
9. What is your most favorite memory from Pixie Hollow (please be specific)?
Hmmm… Definitely role playing. From pretending to be a winter fairy to going on missions with the PEF, a secret society I made up some time before the closure. Some of the people who I role played with regularly became really good friends. 🙂
10. If Disney decides to reopen Pixie Hollow, what suggestions would you give them to make it even better?
The only thing I could ask to make it better is that non-members to be able to have access to more things (even though I was usually a member, I know how annoying not having a member ship could be). Other than that, I wouldn’t change a thing.
2. Strawberry Icepetal
5. juliadiscobear24 (Seastorm)
6. Serendipity Stardance
7. seaswirls (Octavia)
10. Sapphire Rainymist
And yes, I know some of these people are inactive, but who knows? Maybe this will inspire them to take up blogging again! 🙂
My 10 questions for these people are:
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What’s your favorite post (your own or another person’s)?
- What’s the biggest mistake you’ve ever made when blogging?
- What are some of your hobbies (aside from blogging, of course) 😛
- If you could go back in time, what would you change about your life?
- When did you start blogging?
- Name one thing/person that inspires you.
- What is your favorite book?
- What is your favorite food?
- Name something that your readers wouldn’t know about you (It doesn’t have to include personal information unless you want it to).
So there it is! I guess that’s it for now. Congrats to everyone who has been nominated for this award! I’d also like to take a moment to thank all my readers. Seriously guys, you’re awesome. I don’t think you know how much it is appreciated. I love getting onto my emails each day or seeing my stats – just knowing that people take the time to read this makes me smile. 🙂 Also a special thanks to Crystal Airshine, who helped get my blogging career started (thanks again Crystal – you’re beyond amazing). 🙂
– Rose ❤