A huge thank you to inamessyworld for nominating me for this award! You can check out her blog here.
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog
2. List the rules.
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
5. Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
6. You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
7. Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
8. Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
9. Share a link to your best post(s).
About the Award
I think inamessyworld did a great job of explaining this, so I’m going to quote her post:
‘It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
It appears to have been started by Okoto Enigma.’
Questions I Was Asked:
1. What made you start a blog and when?
Well, obviously Pixie Hollow closing was what originally started me blogging. I saw other players who’d had blogs for years, some of which were still posting, even after Closure, such as Marigold Sunjewel’s Marigold’s Musings and Crystal Airshine’s Pixie Hollow’s Little Secrets. So, in January 2014, I decided to start a blog of my own. Since then, blogging has helped me improve my writing skills and meet tons of other bloggers from across the world, so I’m quite glad I decided to do it.
2. Would you rather have a moustache for the rest of your life
or have a beard for the rest of your life?
The first word that comes to my mind when I think of moustaches is stylish, whereas when I think of beards, I think of the word scruffy, so I would totally rock a moustache. 😛
3. Your favourite fast food restaurant?
KFC – it’s so bad for you, but it tastes so good… Or Oportos, which is basically KFC, but slightly healtier.
4. Flats or boots?
Boots, all the way! I find flats uncomfortable and hard to walk in.
5. What are your embarrassing moments?
By the Second Star, if I listed every embarrasing moment in my life, we’d be here all day! Let’s go with this one: During class one day, I’d gone to the toilet and had returned to the classroom to find the door was locked. I knocked, but no one opened the door. When a fellow student finally got up and unlocked the door for me, they said something along the lines of ‘next time, try knocking instead of just standing there like a creep.’ I guess I had knocked too softly, but I felt too awkward to say anything, so I just mumbled my thanks and went back to my seat. Greeeeaaaat. 😛
6. What’s your long-term goal, if any?
I have two long-term goals – the first is to travel and see as much of the world as I can, and the second is to hopefully one day become an author, or at least publish a book.
Three Facts About Me
1. I’m an introvert
No surprises here! Despite what some people may believe, I actually enjoy being alone with my thoughts, although I don’t mind company from time to time. 🙂
2. I’ve eaten some… Interesting things
This trying includes emu, kangeroo and crocodile meat in Cairns at a cultural centre, and octopus at a Japanese festival, and surprisingly, they all tasted pretty good.
3. Becoming an author was an ambition I had, even when I was little
I know I’ve said that due to Closure, I found a love for writing which has ultimately given me the goal of becoming an author when I’m older, but I’d actually thought about the idea prior to that. Back in my first few years of playing Pixie Hollow, I began to write and plan stories about Rose and an a organisation she ran called the ‘Rescue Faries’, who saved the Hollow from the evil Jack Frost with her friends. Of course, I ended up scraping those stories a year later as I realised how bad I was at writing, but some of the ideas must have stuck because the PEF role playing happened, which eventually lead to the Forgotten Tales. I’d like to write a post explaining the full story of how I came to write the Forgotten Tales, but that’s for another time. 😉
People I Nominate…
Grace Glitterglow from Grace’s Guide
Aurora the Sim from The Book of Sims
Phoebe Bumbleflip from Remember Pixie Hollow
The Unconscious Mind from Unconscious Mind
Faith Fancypuff from Secrets of a Garden Pixie
Ametistia from Tisty’s Tales
Marigold Sunjewel from Marigold’s Musings
Minerva from Fly to Inspire
Stella and the Pixies from Unique Cinque’s Reveries
Tessa Cherrywillow from Tessa’s Meadow
(If you have been nominated previously for this award, then you can still participate by answering the questions below if you wish.)
… And Five Questions For Those People
1. Which would you perfer to explore, a beach or a forest?
2. What’s something you achieved recently that you feel proud to have acomplished?
3. Do you think your blogging style has changed since you first began blogging?
4. If you could go back in time, what advice would you give your past self?
5. And finally, here’s my ‘weird or funny’ question: Would you rather have to eat nothing but baked potatos for a year, or live in Antartica for three months?
If I had to pick a ‘best post’, I think I’d say the one where I published my Who I Am poem. It’s probably my favourite piece of poetry I’ve written so far and I remember being very proud upon completing it. 🙂
Thank you for taking the time to read this post! I hope it gave a little more insight to my personality. Again, a big thank you to inamessyworld for nominating me, and congratulations to everyone else who’s been nominated for this award! 😉
Until next time,
– Rose MorningMist ❤